February 26, 2012

Things I Don't Want to Forget: Sweet Big Brother Sayings

Ryan has been smitten with his baby sister even before she came into the world. Over the last few months, I'll hear Ryan talking to Avery. Sometimes we're in the room or just around the corner and he'll talk to her with such love and concern. Here are a few things he has done or said that will always melt my heart:
  • We received a package from my best friend, Amy, when Avery was still in my tummy and Ryan held it up to my belly and said, "Look Avery, it's for you!"
  • I was getting things settled in Avery's baby room, still pregnant, and Ryan found her little piggy bank. He noticed that it didn't have anything in it so he retrieved his loaded Disney Castle bank and said, "I have plenty. She can have some of mine," and proceeded to dump money out of his bank to give to her.
  • "Aww, look at those itty bitty foots!"
  • "Ugh, she is getting heavy!" as he tries to hand his newborn sis back to me.
  • "Mommy, I'll get her head."
  • "Did she poopie BIG!?" He always has to see. Good job, Avery!
  • "That was hard work!" Referring to getting her paci back in her mouth while riding in the car.
  • "Avery, I know you want your paci, but I can't see it. Here, hold my hand."
  • I told Avery that she looked so cute and Ryan corrected me, "No Mommy, she is pretty."
  • Avery was talking to Ryan the other night and I told Ryan that she was talking to him. "I know, I can hear her.?
  • I propped Avery against Ryan's tummy when he was laying on the couch and he lifted his head and kissed her head about 20 times all over. "Sweet baby head," he said. <3
  • Ryan was running a fever this morning and I had told him to stay away from Avery. I hear him talking to her in her exersaucer, "I can't play with you because I have a little bit of a fever." Thankfully, he is O.K. and "didn't have a flu," as he told Oma on the phone.

No matter what we are doing - coming or going - Ryan has to give her a hug and a kiss. And that kiss has to be perfect. He will place his little hands on her tiny face and turn it if she's not facing him so that he can plant the best smooch on his baby sis. I am so thankful that he was first because I know he will take care of Avery just like EE takes care of me. It's the best situation a girl can have!

Ryan sharing his money with Avery. (8/28/2011)

Busted him just being sweet all by himself. (10/2/2011)

Loving on that sweet baby sister. (10/4/2011)

 Kissing that sweet baby head. (10/27/2012)

"Mommy, do you want me to put my cheek to hers?" (11/21/2011)

My precious kiddos! (12/27/2011)


No comments:

Post a Comment